Laserfiche Mobile provides a great platform to leverage the power of Laserfiche. There are a few features that are not as clear cut as they should be such as viewing electronic documents and emailing those documents.
The list below goes into further detail on these features:
- Viewing native documents (as opposed to Laserfiche pages) – In order to do this you can use the icon in the bottom right corner of the application when viewing a document. This will toggle between Pages/Text/Electronic Document options.
- Emailing a document – While there is an email function built-in, this only works if the person you are emailing also has Web Access to your Laserfiche repository. If they do not have access you need to follow this procedure:
- Export the Electronic Document – To export a file to the iPad, you’ll need to open it up in the document viewer, and ensure that you’re looking at the electronic document rather than the Laserfiche pages (see item 1 above)
- From the electronic document, click on the export button and choose ‘Open in…’ to open it up in the native application.
- Assuming the native application supports emailing you can email the file itself rather than a link from there. Keep in mind, if you have no native viewer loaded for that file type on your iPad, you won’t be able to open the file in another application, and will be unable to perform this process.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 347-534-1422 and we will be happy to help out.