Healthcare providers count on medical billing companies to deliver a higher average return per processed claim. But when you’re bogged down in paper-based billing, it’s difficult to maximize your rate of return. By digitizing and automating the billing process, Laserfiche enables faster collections, fewer denials and easier ways for providers to submit their claims.
Laserfiche combines enterprise control with departmental flexibility. It provides a standard for managing content and streamlining processes across your business and brings benefits to departments as diverse as coding, billing, compliance, accounts receivable, human resources and more. The following are just a few examples of how Laserfiche can transform your business.[notice]“Along with our medical billing system, Laserfiche is one of our core applications. We would be hard-pressed to function without it.”
— Matthew Brown
JJ&R Medical Data Systems, Inc[/notice]
Laserfiche provides a standard for managing content and streamlining processes across your business. It brings benefits to departments as diverse as coding, billing, compliance, accounts receivable, human resources and more. The following are just a few examples of how Laserfiche can transform your business.
- Eliminate physical copying, batching and transportation of provider source documents.
- Provide coders with instant access to patient records so that billing clerks get data faster.
- Automatically extract data from EOBs and link it to patient records, facilitating faster cash posting.
- Minimize the number of claims denied due to incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Reduce processing delays by automating denial follow up, and streamline secondary billing processes.
- Allow authorized staff to access documents simultaneously, reducing delays in resubmitting claims.
- Simplify integration with coding, billing and other applications with an open architecture and support for the HL7 protocol.
Automate Your Workflow
Empower every member of your staff to perform at peak efficiency. “Laserfiche has enabled us to streamline our workflows,” says Ron Anderson, director of business development at CHMB Medical Billing. “Productivity has increased by 20%.”
- Reduce manual data entry and related errors by automatically extracting data required for claims processing.
- Automatically route charge forms to appropriate personnel for verification, coding and billing input.
- Maintain a steady work pace with automatic e-mail notifications that alert managers to action and inaction.
Support HIPAA Compliance
Efficiency cannot come at the expense of security. Laserfiche allows authorized users to access the information they need while protecting confidential documents from unauthorized access and release.
- Ensure that employees see only the folders and documents they need to do their jobs.
- Protect social security numbers and other sensitive data with template field-level security.
- Log unauthorized access attempts, printing, e-mailing and other activities with audit trails.
- Provide online access to remote staff with secure, Web-based interfaces.
- Electronically redact EOBs for secondary submissions while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
Decrease Operating Costs
When you’ve got to print, photocopy, store, share and ship tens of thousands of documents a month, paper-related costs add up fast. Laserfiche decreases the cost of managing paper documents: You scan, you shred and you’re done.
- Reduce the costs associated with storing paper records.
- Eliminate the need for couriering and mailing.
- Enable a remote workforce and add employees without paying for additional office space.
Improve Client Service
Heighten customer satisfaction by implementing a cutting-edge ECM solution from Laserfiche.
- Enable fast responses to payer and provider inquiries with instant access to EOB information, check copies, correspondence and related documentation.
- Guarantee long-term record accessibility with non-proprietary text and image file storage formats.
- Extend your competitive advantage by providing clients with an easy, secure and electronic way to submit documentation.